Today I will introduce the selection of plastic materia […]
Today I will introduce the selection of plastic materials commonly used in plastic molds.
1. ABS: high fluidity, cheap, suitable for components with low strength requirements (components that are not directly impacted and do not withstand structural durability in reliability tests), such as internal support brackets (keyboard bracket, LCD bracket )Wait. There is also commonly used in electroplated parts (such as buttons, side keys, navigation keys, electroplated decorative parts, etc.).
2. PC + ABS: good liquidity, good strength and moderate price. It is suitable for making parts with high rigidity and high impact toughness, such as frames and shells.
3. PC: High strength, expensive price, and poor liquidity. It is suitable for shells, buttons, transmission frames, lenses, etc. that have high requirements on strength.
4. POM has high rigidity and hardness, excellent fatigue resistance and wear resistance, less creep and water absorption, better dimensional stability and chemical stability, good insulation, etc. Commonly used in pulleys, transmission gears, worm gears, worms, transmission mechanism parts, etc.
5. PA is tough and absorbs water, but when the water is completely volatilized, it will become fragile. Commonly used in gears, pulleys, etc. Filling is required for key gears with greater impact.
6. PMMA has excellent light transmittance. It can still pass 92% of sunlight after 240 hours of accelerated aging, and 89% of outdoor ten years, and 78.5% of ultraviolet rays. It has high mechanical strength, certain cold resistance and corrosion resistance, good insulation performance, stable size, easy forming, and relatively brittle quality. It is often used for transparent structural parts with certain strength requirements, such as lenses, remote control windows, light guides, etc.